Core courses 1st year —
- Theory and Practices of Modern Public Administration
- Development and adoption of management decision-making
- Strategic Management
- Innovation management
- Lobbying as a mean of business community interest realization
- Business development
- Venture capital management
- Corporate law and governance in the Russian Federation
Core courses 2nd year —
- GIS and urban spatial analysis
- Mobility data analytics and application
- Urban culture and development
- Contemporary design issues and practices
- Directed research
- Introduction to smart city planning
- Behavioral theory for interior design
- Digital twin technology
- Motivation letter
- 2 reference letters
- Bachelor transcript / copy of diploma
- IELTS / TOEFL certificate
- 2 photos
Why «SMART CITY MANAGEMENT»?
The program with Yonsei University, considered one of the three most prestigious universities in the Republic of Korea, aims to create a strong link between the best public administration school in Russia at the Faculty of Management and Politics and the Department of Urban Planning and Engineering at Yonsei University. The interdisciplinary nature of the program will not only allow one to master all aspects of state and municipal administration, but also to study all known examples of the creation of smart cities and the technologies that were introduced in Seoul and San Francisco.
During the first year of study at MGIMO, students will study the practices of modern public administration, including management using the newest information technologies, learn effective and efficient strategic planning and deepen their knowledge of a foreign language.
During the second year of study at Yonsei University, students will have a unique opportunity to learn best practices in the creation and management of smart cities, deepen their knowledge in the field of innovation, urban studies and urban spatial development, and will also be able to develop their competencies as a modern public manager.
Training on the program is carried out for three semesters, while during the second semester undergraduates undergo practical training in international companies or government bodies.
MGIMO performs impressively well in connecting graduates with their employers: the University scores 5/5 stars in the QS University Ranking on Employability.
he 4th term is fully focused on thesis and 3-month internship. Students are free to choose a place for their internship from a list of MGIMO partners as well as to negotiate it with an enterprise of their choice. For committed and skillful students internships often become the starting point of their careers.
Program graduates have employment opportunities in private and state companies, international organizations and NGOs, media companies, universities and research centers. MGIMO graduates are in high demand by employers in business and politics.
MGIMO Career Centre provides a wide range of career and recruitment opportunities. Its main goal is to help students and graduates launch their careers in:
- Major Russian and international firms;
- National public/government bodies and agencies;
- International organizations;
- International research centers and think-tanks.
The Career Centre holds up to 40 events annually including MGIMO Career days, professional master-classes, workshops, case-studies and simulations, companies’ presentations, etc. The Career Centre has supported hundreds of students and graduates in finding internships and full-time jobs.